The National Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology (INSAT) and Oakland University sign a strategic cooperative agreement for students pursuing Engineering and Computer Science degrees.
TUNIS – July 28, 2022. The National Institute of Applied Science and Technology (INSAT) is one of the most prestigious Universities in Tunisia. It is affiliated with the University of Carthage. Admission is extremely competitive, and students should mostly have a high GPA on the national exam to be admitted. It provides a three- to five-year post high school education for training technicians and engineers.
INSAT joined the first-of-its-kind cooperation that other Tunisian Universities have signed earlier this month to seek academic cooperation with Oakland University. It is now possible for students enrolled at INSAT to study one academic year at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.
Program Requirements for INSAT students.
- Study at the undergraduate or Graduate level at INSAT and then enroll at OU for up to 12 months of study.
- Apply to, and be admitted by, OU for enrollment as non-degree students. Students must comply with OU admission requirements.
Some specific requirements are:
- The average grade in classes taken at INSAT must be a minimum of 11/20 for both Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- The GRE exam is not required for Graduate students.
- Applicants from INSAT should be pursuing an engineering or computer science degree that is applicable to classes they plan to study at OU.
- An external evaluation of an applicant’s transcript is not required.
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS exam prior to admission at OU and reach at least 79 inclusive (equals IELTS 6.5).
- Required application materials are: On-line application, official transcript(s) in English and financial statements as specified in the OU application procedures.