Hannibal Mejbri was elected African revelation of the year by the magazine FootAfrica’s editorial staff. And this following over 469,000 votes.
“A rising star in African football, named after a Carthaginian hero destined for conquest, Hannibal Mejbri has developed several high-profile performances in the last twelve months, most notably reaching the final of the FIFA Arab Cup 2021 in his national jersey (lost 0-2 to Algeria),” the magazine continues.
- Hannibal Mejbri (Tunisia / 18 years old): 55.64%
- Adem Zorgane (Algeria / 21 years old): 35.88%
- Edmond Tapsoba (Burkina Faso / 22 years old): 4.24%
- Mohamed Camara (Mal / 21 years old): 1.80%
- Bamba Dieng (Senegal / 21 years old): 0.92%
- Zakaria Aboukhlal (Morocco / 21 years old): 0.85%
- Momo Bayo (Guinea / 23 years old): 0.37%
- Amad Diallo (Ivory Coast / 19 years old): 0.09%
- Silas Katompa (DRC / 23 years old): 0.08%
- Kamaldeen Sulemana (Ghana / 19 years old): 0.07%
- Terem Moffi (Nigeria / 22 years old): 0.06%
- Jean Onana (Cameroon / 21 years old): 0.03%