Updated as of April 8th, 2021.
This article provides an up to date information regarding the entry requirements set by the Tunisian authorities, as they are announced.
Tunisia has announced new COVID-19 entry requirements that all travelers will need to follow when entering the country.
COVID-19 vaccine for Tunisia are yet to be received. And, due to a recent surge of Coronavirus cases in Tunisia, authorities are adding new requirements to ensure the safety of residents and anyone who is willing to visit the country. Here is everything travelers need to know before booking their trip to Tunisia.
Countries Permitted To Visit Tunisia
Travelers from ALL countries are permitted to visit Tunisia under regular VISA requirements.
Tunisia COVID-19 Entry Requirements
As of April 19th, 2021, travelers from ALL countries traveling to ANY part of Tunisia must have proof of a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19 performed no more than 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Tunisia.
Test results must be presented in paper format only. Digital copies will not be accepted. Results also must be in Arabic, French or English.
Children under 12 do not need a test.
No testing on arrival is available in Tunisia’s airports. It is a must to present acceptable evidence of a negative PCR test on arrival.
- Travelers must complete this Tunisian government short online questionnaire before travelling.
- Travelers must download and use the Tunisian government’s ‘track and trace’ application on your mobile phone.
Tunisia Quarantine Entry Requirements
As of April 9th, along with a negative COVID-19 PCR test that must be presented for entry into the country, travelers are still required to self-quarantine when arriving in Tunisia.
- On arrival, you must self-isolate at home for at least 48 hours.
- You will then have to pay for a PCR test after 5 days, and if this comes back negative, you will be permitted to leave your quarantine early, else, you will have to self-isolate for 14 days. PCR Test Appointment Booking System.
COVID-19 Health Screening Arriving in Tunisia
Based on reports of travelers arriving in Tunisia, travelers could undergo the following additional health screenings.
- Body temperature scanned
- Fill out a health declaration card
- Present proof of travel insurance
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in Tunisia
All travelers are required to follow COVID-19 health protocols while in Tunisia. Travelers can expect the following requirements:
- Masks are required in all public areas and when driving in a vehicle with more than two persons aboard. Travelers could face fines for not abiding by the mandate.
- Strict social distancing guidelines are in effect. Follow all markers and signs
COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements In Tunisia
As of April 2021, Tunisia has not announced any mandates on a proof of vaccine record (POVR) for entry in the future.
For any further queries you should contact the Tunisian Embassy in the respective country one is travelling from.
Disclaimer: Current Tunisia travel rules are changing without notice and being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories
If you would like to comment on this article or anything else you have seen on Carthage Magazine, leave a comment below or head over to our Facebook page.
And if you liked this article, sign up for the monthly features newsletter. A handpicked selection of stories from Carthage Magazine, delivered to your inbox.